Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Call display - Gigaset A580 Handset Options
CraigM1
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 9:19:59 PM

Groups:

Hi,

I have the Siemens Gigaset N300A IP base and Siemens Gigaset A580 Handset, I've got two Soho66 numbers pointing to the phone, can anyone advise me how I can display on the handset which number the caller is calling on? I've set a display name but that doesn't get shown, instead it just shows the callers number.

Many thanks,
Craig
ChrisB16
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2011 11:38:11 AM

Groups:

I think I read you can't do that - all you can do is set a tone that happens when the call is from one particular number. See the following answer I found elsewhere on the site:

>
>
It is not possible for us to display your Soho66 number when a call is forwarded to your mobile, however the 'call whisper' and 'call delivery assurance' features of our numbers will let you achieve similar results.

Call whisper lets you record an audio file which we will play back to you when you answer the call, letting you identify which of your Soho66 numbers has been dialled.

Call delivery assurance is designed to prevent your calls being answered by your mobiles voicemail, but works in a way that lets you accept or decline calls after you have answered your phone. You hear a message, 'Please press 1 to accept the call' when you pick up.

Both of these features can be enabled using the 'routing wizard' for your number, accessed by clicking on your number in the 'my numbers' section of your account.
ChrisB16
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2011 2:45:32 PM

Groups:

Actually looks like I was wrong looking at this help page:

http://soho66.co.uk/7399...all-Features.aspx?tab=4

Line display name is a key feature if you want to find out which of your Soho66 number a call has arrived on.

Our customers very often establish more than one number with us, where those numbers all ring on a single VoIP phone.

Examples of this include numbers for marketting campaigns, businesses that may want many numbers in different area codes or serial entrepeneurs.

The line display name feature allows you to define a display name that will show on your VoIP phone when a call arrives - making sure that you know exactly which line the call came in on.
RobertT2
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 5:05:33 PM

Groups:

Hi,

Unfortunately the A580 handset only operates as a 'slave' handset with the N300 base station - not all features are accessible, therefore the caller display feature will not work.