Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Acrobits SIP Softphone for Apple's iPhone Options
WashingtonK
#1 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2009 2:33:57 PM

Groups:

Just uploaded the Acrobits SIP Softphone for Apple's iPhone. Installed it and typed in my SOHO sip account details. Must say, the software was dear, retailing at £3.99 onniTunes. But once installed, I must say I was impressed. There was initially one problem: I could not receive incoming calls. But making outgoing calls was a breeze. The software program includes a push service for notifying you of incoming calls when you are not in the application, but I haven't quite gotten it to work. but in the meantime, the phone rings both in and out of the SIP program, but I cannot quite answer the calls when I am not in the Softphone program. It seems for the Push service to work i need to register for a GIZMO account and then it will operate the push function.

I initially had problems receiving calls but the SOHO66 team solved it for me and now I can make and receive calls when I am stuck working in Starbucks or MacDonalds. (You have to be connected to a WiFi network). The only information I needed to input was my username, password, server name and I was ready to go.

I readily recommend the Acrobits SIP Softphone for Apple's iPhone. it works and has a simple and easy to use layout. i cannot forward calls to extensions in my network and i cannot add another simultaneous caller but i can make internal calls and make calls away from the office. SOHO and iPhone have found a way to work together in the Acrobits SIP Softphone.