Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

transfer number to another internal phone + missed calls Options
KevinH2
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2012 6:34:17 PM

Groups:

Hi, I have a single user business account for use at home. I have a Linksys SPA942 and a Gigaset VOIP basestation with DECT phone.

Questions:
1. Both phones ring with an incoming call (which is great), but when I answer the call on the Gigaset, I get a missed call on the Linksys. Is there any way around this?

2. How do I transfer a call from one to the other? Ideally I would like to duplicate the functionality of a regular PSTN phone where you can just pick up the other phone, but I understand that VOIP works a bit differently. :-) I don't seem to have a unique extension number for each phone. Is this something I would need the Multi-user package for?

Thanks
Kevin
StephenL4
#2 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2012 10:24:00 AM

Groups:

Hi Kevin,

In answer to your questions:

1. Unfortunately there is no way to avoid that behaviour with those phones.

2. The transfer procedure for the SPA942 is:

While on the call, press the “right navigation” button then press the “bxfer” key (this will place the caller on hold).
• Dial the 4 digit extension number to which you want to transfer the call.
• Press the “dial” soft key to transfer the call.

Each of your numbers has it's own 4 digit extension number, which is the first four digits of the VoIP username for that number. You can view this info by logging in to your account and clicking on each number on the 'your numbers' page, for your first number it is usually 1000, for the second 1001 etc.
SophiaW1
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:39:05 PM

Groups:

I have a great VoIP provider for my call center calls, i use Vicidial and have 300 agents dialing simultaneous to the US and the UK, i just need another good choice just in case i run into any issues. Can someone recommend a VoIP provider that allows 0 second duration calls and call center traffic?
VoIP Providers UK