Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Incoming and outgoing on same channel? Options
CrispinP
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 8:40:06 PM

Groups:

Hi,

Is it possible to make a call on a number when there is already an incoming call active?

I have the following situation:
I have 1 number which is registered by Asterisk in my office.
If an incoming call is not answered, it is redirected out to my mobile.

The only way I can get this to work is if I add a second trunk and send it out on that which, I guess, is perfectly normal.
A couple of reasons why I don't want to do that is for billing reasons (the second trunk is for a different company of mine) and for the CID.

Can I enable multiple channels on a trunk with Soho66 (Is there something extra to pay?)

Thanks
Crispin
EddieB
#2 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 12:52:59 AM

Groups:

Hi

I'm no expert, but I hope this helps.

I got a single number on a single VoIP with Soho. You can have 1 call on a line, put this on hold, and call out on a second line, all from the same phone. Or have a 3 way conversation.

If you mean, keep talking to 1 person, while calling out to another, on a different phone, then I guess you would need their multi VoIP, (each person / phone has a VoIP account) This way you could talk on 1 phone while someone is calling out on the other.

1 telephone number can be used for multi VoIP accounts, and the amount of VoIP accounts, calls active at any one time, depends on the speed of your line. (Normal broadband line)

I'm not an expert, but a T1 sip trunk can handle 24 concurrent calls. I'm not sure, but I think a single sip can handle 1 conversation. But please, if anyone else can help, please post.

Thanks
Eddie
CrispinP
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:42:57 PM

Groups:

Apologies for the delayed reply.

My original ramblings were for nothing. For those interested, it does work. The original "not working" was probably down to me and my Asterisk config.

Basic requirement:
Someone calls my S66 number.
Asterisk picks up the call and rings the extension group.
After 15 seconds, asterisk gives up and forwards the call to my mobile using the same trunk

So, in essence, there is an incoming call and an outgoing call on the same Soho66 trunk.

This is perfect and exactly what I want.