Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Configuring Simens Gigaset A58H - help! Options
DanielaT
#1 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2010 10:59:51 AM

Groups:

Hi there,

I've just purchased two numbers and I am trying to configure our Siemens Gigaset A58H phones. I've followed your instructions posted for Gigaset phones but I keep getting a message saying 'Server not accesible'.

We really need to get the phones working as soon as possible so I will be very grateful if you can get back to me with some pointers.

Thank you!
DarylB
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2010 11:22:31 AM

Groups:

DanielaT wrote:
Hi there,

I've just purchased two numbers and I am trying to configure our Siemens Gigaset A58H phones. I've followed your instructions posted for Gigaset phones but I keep getting a message saying 'Server not accesible'.

We really need to get the phones working as soon as possible so I will be very grateful if you can get back to me with some pointers.

Thank you!

Hi Daniela

The Siemens interface has some interesting behaviours at times. The chances are, there's not actually a problem!!

What normally happens when you click "Set" for the account settings, is that the page with the profiles loads first then, AFTER this page is loaded, the phone will try and register with the VoIP provider.

As a consequence, it is normal for this page to say "Server not accessible". If, however, you wait for 30 seconds, then press the refresh button on your browser it will normally show that it is registered.

If this is not the case, please reply and I'll give you some pointers.

Kind Regards

Daryl
KristineK
#3 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 11:50:01 AM

Groups:

I also just bought this. I obtained the IP address so I'm now trying to configure the phone. If I type the IP address on the web browser, 'it takes a long time to respond'. I tried Mozilla and Explorer, the same result.

what do I do?
RobertT2
#4 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 3:48:17 PM

Groups:

Hi,

Are you removing the leading zeros from the IP address?

If the IP address is something like 192.168.001.010 you will need to enter 192.168.1.10 into the address bar. If this doesn't work then email us at support@soho66.co.uk and we'll try to resolve the problem.