Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Zoom ATA 5801 Caller ID on NTL phone line Options
MichaelJ2
#1 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2011 4:49:04 PM

Groups:

Hi All, posting in Miscellaneous because I'm not having VoIP problems as such...

I have recently bought a Zoom 5801 ATA and signed up to Soho66, and my VoIP calls are working just fine.

But, until we ditch our phone line, when we have plucked up enough courage, I'm using the Telco port on the ATA - so that I can still receive calls from my phone line, but route all outgoing calls through Soho66 VoIP. I have connected my Panasonic DECT handsets to the Zoom ATA phone port.

Unfortunately, I can't get Caller ID to work reliably on the incoming PSTN calls. It works fine for VoIP calls received via Soho66, but at the moment, they are only test calls from my mobile (!).

Does anyone have any experience with a Zoom ATA 5801 connected to NTL phone lines? I've found some guides that describe the settings for BT phone lines, but they don't seem to work properly for NTL. :-(
MichaelJ2
#2 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 10:40:11 AM

Groups:

I have left the Zoom ATA connected directly to the NTL master socket for a week now, and the incoming PSTN caller ID seems to work most of the time. We noticed an anomaly the other day - a UK mobile phone number was flagged as "international", but apart from that, it seems to be working.

I'm putting it down to a badly wired telephone extension cable. :-)